As New Year's Day approaches, it's time to get that list out! You know, the other list, not the one about what you want, but more so about what you need. That's right, we're talking New Year's Resolutions.
Usually this is the time when you take a step back, re-evaluate all the big and little things in your life, and try to improve upon them. Because that's what we as humans do - we work hard, and we try to better ourselves. But ultimately our lives are intertwined with others, so in what ways can you make a difference in both yours AND your pet's day to day life?
Avery Thrasher from Unleash Magazine highlights important activities such as daily walks / exercise, and health check-ups for both pets and pet parents:
1) Enjoying hiking together - and yes, cats can go hiking too !
2) Quality time - brushing, playing, and even giving your pet a massage can help relieve stress and soothe achy joints (just like in people!).
3) Keep both your minds sharp with some obstacle course challenges, or new tricks to learn.
4) Is your dog friendly, calm, and collected? Share the licks and happiness, and they could learn to become a Therapy Dog.
5) And finally, always leave time for a nice long nap together!
Bring on 2016, thank you, and Happy New Year!