1. Daily grooming with a brush or comb keeps your pet's coat in tip-top, shiny shape. Whether they have a long or short coat - they'll look gorgeous.
2. Daily brushing and combing eliminates tangled, matted fur that can further trap dirt and oil, which can increase odor, irritate the skin and potentially cause dermatological and bacteria related problems.
3. When you brush your pet, the natural oils are distributed evenly, which helps keep the skin moisturized and eliminate flaking.
4. Bathing your pet with a gentle cleanser at least once a month gets rid of all the dirt and excess oil that goes beyond brushing. For breeds with a lot of wrinkles, it's especially important to clean the folds with a damp cloth on a regular basis (more frequently than once a month) to prevent bacteria build-up and potential infection.
5. Trimming your pet's nails every two to four weeks helps your pet maintain his/her mobility. A cat's long nails can get caught on upholstery or become painfully ingrown. Long nails on dogs can cause the toes to splay as well as cause foot strain, infection or even deformity.
6. Daily brushing or combing ensures that fleas, ticks and other parasites will be spotted and eliminated immediately.
7. Brushing = Bonding. Even if your pet visits a groomer on a regular basis, gentle daily brushing helps to strengthen the bond between pet parent and pet. Cats included.
8. The better to see, hear and smile at you! Daily grooming gives pet parents the opportunity to do a quick daily check-up of the eyes, ears and teeth. The eyes should be clear with no milky discharge or cloudiness; the ears should be odorless and wax-free. Teeth should be checked for signs of decay and brushed daily (if possible).
9. Grooming helps minimize those "dust bunnies" around the house. Pets shed constantly and more heavily in the warmer weather. Daily bushing removes excess hair which otherwise would be shed everywhere else.
10. Grooming is love.